Negligence and the Law of Tort
This is an area of law of which you are probably aware, even though you might not recognise the word 'tort'.
Negligence is the most important modern tort because of the great volume of reported cases and because it is founded on a principle of wide and general application which in turn has lead to inconsistency and uncertainty.
- Duty of care
- Liability for negligent misstatement
- Standard of care
- Proof of negligence
- 'Res ipsa loquitur'
- Contributory negligence
- Breach of statutory duty
- Liability for dangerous property
- Occupier’s liability
- Occupier’s liability to trespassers
- Vicarious liability
- Liability for default of employees
- Liability for subcontractors & agents
- Remoteness of damage
- Pure economic loss
Included in our fixed annual fee full motor legal protection package.