Consumer Credit and Leasing
Credit Agreements and leasing are complicated legal documents.
If your business provides these facilities to customers, there are a number of regulations with which you may need to comply.
- Formal requirements of the agreement
- Copies of agreement
- Rights of cancellation
- Terms implied into contract of hire
- Restrictions on exemption clauses and other express terms
- Terms in favour of the hirer
- Terms in favour of the owner
- Variation and novation
- Termination of hire agreement
- Owner’s remedies for breach
- Penalties and damages on termination
- Recovery of leased goods
- Effect of wrongful dealings on owner’s title
- Relations between hirer and dealer
- Relations between finance house and dealer
- Recourse agreements
- Quality of goods hired
- EEC regulations and directives
- Consumer credit advertisements
Included in our fixed annual fee full motor legal protection package.